- Adopt and aim to apply the principles of
sustainable development - that is, development which meets the needs of
the present without compromising the ability of future generations to
meet their own needs.
- Strive to adopt the highest available
environmental standards in all areas of its operations.
- Seek to adopt
a total "cradle to grave" assessment and responsibility for its
- Aim to minimise the use of all materials, supplies and
- Minimise waste production in all areas of the organisation
and aim for waste-free processes
- Purchase, where feasible,
sustainable products for use in the organisations operations, i.e.
recycled, FSC or low environmental impact products and energy from
- Expect similar environmental standards from any
partners involved in our work.
- Publicise our environmental position.
- Encourage employee involvement in environmental action.
- Adopt an
environmentally sound transport strategy.
- Aim to include
environmental and ethical considerations in investment decisions where
- Assess the environmental impact of all its operations on
a continual basis
- Assist in developing solutions to environmental
problems and support the development of public policy.